Rails 2.0 (Upcoming):
10 Apr 2015: Rails 2.0 beta 2 is released. For testing only!
- Company panel of OR window shows only acting company during tile/token/revenue steps. All companies shown at train buying.
- Indicate for each player what company were already sold during share rounds.
- Fixed information in message panel during tile/token lays.
The beta release is available via Webstart here.
Wiki (including Roadmap) for Rails 2.0
Rails 1.x (Stable):
- 08 Feb 2015: Rails 1.9.0 is released. Final release of 1.x rails
- 19 Jul 2014: Rails 1.7.13 is released. Latest release of 1.7.x rails
Rails is a program that lets you play the 18xx series of board games. Rails supports hotseat mode and can act as a moderator to speed up face-to-face games. We plan to support an AI, play-by-email and network play. As Rails is made using Java, it runs on Windows, Mac and Linux.
The first 18xx games were designed by Francis Tresham. There are many 18xx games and large list of game designers. The 18xx genre is kept alive by the many folks subscribed to the Yahoo 18xx mailing list.
Get the all versions of Rails from SourceForge.
For receiving updates on each new release, join the rails-announce mailing list.
Users of Rails can join the rails-users mailing list for getting help, discussing rules questions, or coordinating PBEM games.
For more information about this project, please go to the SourceForge project page.